User Consent to Policy
By accessing, browsing, or using the Site or by communicating with a BeRanked agent, employee and/or affiliate by e-mail or by telephone, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information, including identifying and non-identifying information and anonymous browsing information (together, "Information") pursuant to the terms of this Policy. If you do not consent to these terms and conditions, please do not access, browse, or use the Site or provide Information to BeRanked agents, employees and/or affiliates via the Site, by e-mail or by telephone.
Information BeRanked May Collect
BeRanked may collect different types of Information from Users, including identifying information, non-identifying information, and anonymous browsing information, collectively referred to as "Information" in this Policy.
- Identifying Information. BeRanked may collect identifying information provided by any User, including, but not limited to, a first and last name; a home, business, or other physical address; a telephone number; an email address, as well as any other identifying information that may be submitted via the Site, included in an e-mail or conveyed in a telephone call (collectively, "Identifying Information"). In general, BeRanked collects Identifying Information from Site Users in connection with inquiries about BeRanked's services and notes the referring URL (e.g., the search engine that directed you to BeRanked). If a User sends an email to a BeRanked agent, employee and/or affiliate, BeRanked may store the Information provided in connection with that e-mail. In addition, BeRanked records and monitors User communications with BeRanked agents, employees and/or affiliates via e-mail and telephone. By engaging in communications with BeRanked agents, employees and/or affiliates via e-mail and/or telephone, you consent to such recording and monitoring.
How BeRanked May Use Information
BeRanked may retain and use Information collected from Users for quality assurance purposes, including: (i) facilitating a User inquiry or request; (ii) ensuring that BeRanked agents, employees and/or affiliates have communicated with you in accordance with BeRanked's policies; (iii) confirming your understanding of the information communicated to you by BeRanked agents, employees and/or affiliates; (iv) confirming the terms of any agreement with its customers; (v) enforcing its agreements with its customers; (vi) training its agents, employees and/or affiliates; (vii) preventing fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities; (viii) for other legally permissible purposes; and (ix) generally to ensure that BeRanked complies with applicable laws.
BeRanked reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the Site or the services provided by BeRanked, such as service announcements, e-mails related to your account, or similar administrative or transactional messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
BeRanked Sharing of Your Information
BeRanked will only share Information that it collects or receives regarding its Users with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Consent: If BeRanked has a User's consent to share any Information, it may do so.
- Agents: BeRanked may utilize other companies and individuals to perform functions on its behalf such as sending postal and electronic mail to Users, processing payments, and delivering products and services. These third parties have access to Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Aggregate Anonymous and Non-Identifying Information: BeRanked may provide the aggregate statistics about our Users' Site activity (i) to describe the use of the Site to existing or potential business partners, investors, or other third parties, (ii) in response to a government request or (iii) for analytics or similar activities.
- Protection of BeRanked or Others: BeRanked may disclose Information about our Users to others if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, to protect the rights, property or safety of BeRanked or others, or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of BeRanked, any and all Information collected about you from the Site or your communications with BeRanked agents, employees and/or affiliates via email or telephone may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of BeRanked. By using the Site and providing information to BeRanked, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described herein.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may provide hyperlinks that, when clicked, take you to other websites not controlled by BeRanked. These hyperlinked websites may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. BeRanked is not responsible for the collection, use, disclosure or protection of information collected through these websites, and BeRanked expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
BeRanked takes commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of Information. These include internal reviews of BeRanked's data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Information is stored. BeRanked employees with access to Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
BeRanked wants you to feel confident using the Site and providing Information to us. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although BeRanked takes commercially reasonable steps to secure your Information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Information always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your identifying information, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address(es), if any, we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your identifying information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s Web site at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
If you become a BeRanked customer, BeRanked wants you to see BeRanked's performance and the return you're getting from your investment. BeRanked provides access to an online dashboard that shows your real-time results. You will have access to the information by entering a username and password, and your online account information shall be protected by your password. BeRanked recommends that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
This Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. BeRanked does not knowingly collect any Information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any Information to BeRanked.
Governing Law and Venue
This Policy is governed by the laws of the State of New York, excluding its conflict of laws principles. The exclusive venue for any dispute between you and BeRanked shall be New York County, New York, and you hereby waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections thereto. YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. Prior to initiating any legal action, you shall give BeRanked 60 days' prior written notice of your intent to file an action by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. During such notice period, you will endeavor to resolve any dispute or claim amicably by mutual discussion.
Users from Outside the United States
The Site is hosted in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are outside the United States when you visit the Site or engage in communications with a BeRanked agent, employee and/or affiliate via e-mail or telephone, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Site and communicating with a BeRanked agent, employee and/or affiliate via email or telephone, you consent to your information being transferred to our facilities and to the facilities of those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this Policy, please contact BeRanked at email@example.com, or at our contact information below:
106 E. Sixth Street
Austin, TX 78701